Rob's Royals Ramblings

General thoughts about the Royals and anything else

Sunday, April 23, 2006

Something positive for a change!

Well, I think we saw a little of what Allard envisioned from Jeremy Affeldt today. His tempo was good, he kept the ball down for the most part and he worked ahead in the count. That's two consecutive nice starts for the southpaw, and while I gripe about him when he does bad, that just means that I should give credit when he does well. Nice job today, Jeremy. Please keep it up!

Johnny Buck (who is my favorite current Royal) is looking more and more like a frontline catcher in the majors. I'm sure his power will come, but he's more of a line drive hitter, so he might not hit much more than 15-18 homers per year. Add that to a .250-.260 average and hopefully 60-70 rbi's? I'd take that in a heartbeat. We haven't seen those numbers (which I believe would have him in the top ten of catchers the past couple seasons) since the days of Mike Macfarlane or Darrell Porter.

Angel Berroa continues to make the spectacular plays look routine. Another sparking double play today after last night's effort shows all the Royals fans why Allard and the Royals signed him to that extension a couple years ago.

Two out of three is a good start to the homestand. And after that winless roadtrip, it's a fantastic start. Hopefully, the boys got their really bad play (and luck when you consider all the injuries) out of the way early.

Okay, enough positive stuff for the day...it's just not natural for me!

GO ROYALS!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home