Rob's Royals Ramblings

General thoughts about the Royals and anything else

Wednesday, April 05, 2006

April 5, 2006 : Royals 2006 - Zero and Two

Well, it's only two games into the 2006 season and it's already looking bleak for the boys in blue. While the home opener was a good game in defeat, it didn't take long for the Royals to show how ugly this season has the possibility to become.

8 home runs allowed in two games. EIGHT! That's on pace to surrender an astounding 648 homers this season. Obviously that won't happen, but it's disturbing to see the balls flying out of Kauffman Stadium at that rate anytime, let alone right out of the gate.

I'll admit to being one of the many people at Kauffman that booed Mike Sweeney in the opener. After much thought and reading many others same and dissenting opinions on the matter, I've come to the conclusion that I'd do it again. There's not many ways that fans can let the players, coaches and front office know how they're doing. Cheering, booing, coming to the games and staying away are pretty much it. As a Royals fan that's watched the putridity (is that a word? who knows!) that's come out of the Heartland the past few years, I think that the boos were more of a culmination of frustration at Mike and the team. Should Mike have gotten booed? Depends on who you ask, but obviously I don't have a problem with it.

I see that Angel Berroa is continuing to keep his head in the clouds as he booted his first ball of the year, but that's not what concerns me about him. The fact that he got picked off again today (how many times has he gotten picked off the past 3 years anyway?) is what's rubbing me the wrong way. Is it that hard to keep your head in the game? Apparently it is for Mr. Berroa. What's even worse is that no one on the Royals even tries to make him accountable for his screwups.

While I'm very skeptical about how the Royals will do, there's nothing I can do about it. Except cheer for them, boo them when necessary, go to my 20+ allotted games or maybe skip a few if they continue down the three digit loss road that they've managed to do 3 of the past 4 seasons.

All I can say is GO ROYALS!!!

Rob

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home