Rob's Royals Ramblings

General thoughts about the Royals and anything else

Friday, April 07, 2006

Ugly Beginning

Well, I plopped down in the old recliner tonight and turned on the Royals game via the Extra Innings package.

Boy was that a mistake! The White Sox scored 5 runs in the first off our "outstanding" southpaw Jeremy Affeldt. 4 hits and 2 walks in the first 6 batters was simply horrific, but I couldn't turn away. In many ways, it was like watching a car crash. You know you should turn away, but you just can't.

I mentioned on the Royals fan forum, but I'll reiterate it here. I wonder if Jeremy, Joe Mays, and Doug Mientkiewicz heard the raucous cheers from the Kauffman faithful after Affeldt's two strikeouts in the second inning? After all, they heard the boos that cascaded down previously.

It's now in the third inning but Affeldt's in trouble again....sigh. I think I'll go take a shower.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home