Rob's Royals Ramblings

General thoughts about the Royals and anything else

Wednesday, February 07, 2007

Well another baseball season is just around the corner

It only took until May last season before I no longer felt compelled to speak about the Royals, so let's see how long it takes this season.

If nothing else, the offseason has been busy for the Royals. Opinions are mixed about the Gil Meche signing, but I'm at least glad to see Glass and company giving Dayton Moore the chance to change this team to his liking. This signing could be the signature contract for Dayton, so I hope it turns out for the best.

I believe this upcoming season is the final year of Mike Sweeney's contract. Will this be the year that he finally stays healthy and shows everyone why he got that contract in the first place? And if he does, will he be gone by the trading deadline? My gut reaction is that Mike will be traded, if he's healthy.

Octavio Dotel. He's been an excellent setup man in the past, but correct me if I'm wrong, I don't think he's ever been an outstanding closer. Guess I should put in some research time on that, before I comment more...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home